Saturday, February 19, 2011

Don't Welcome Me Back Just Yet

At the begining of 2011, I wrote down some GOALS I have for myself for the next year. I haven't taken much of a look at them over the past  month so I thought I would share them here.

January-February:
  1. Set Up a Family, Weekly Meal Plan: tried it one week, need to tweak a few things to make it work for our family, but going ok
  2. Sew & Sell Sewn Items on Etsy: haven't sewn much yet, I have to get to work
  3. Make an Apron for My Grandmother in IL: need to get to work sewing again :o)
March-April
  1. Take a Photography Class: scheduled for March 5th...i'm excited!!!
  2. Attend a Marriage Conference (not by myself...that would be wierd): conference scheduled for Dan and I March 11-13th.
  3. Go on a Girls Get-A-Way Weekend: in the works.
  4. Take a Cooking Class: found one in Salem, just need to schedule/pay for it.
  5. Sew More Aprons: this sewing stuff has obviously been my one downfall.
May-August
  1. Take a Theology/Biblical Studies Type Class
  2. Try EVERYTHING on My Crafty List: this is going to be a big task.
  3. Catch Up on Scrapbooking: going to a scrapcamp in May.
General Life Goals:
  1. Loose Weight by Exersicing 4-6 Days a Week: been on a roll since October on this goal.
  2. DON'T WANT, Be Content With What I Have
  3. Go to Church Weekly: this can be hard with 2 young children...but I want to try harder.
  4. Go on a Date Night with My Husband Once a MONTH: we have tried the weekly thing and it just doesn't seem to work (and gets expensive with kids/babysitters), so we are going all out ONE night a month.
  5. Work Harder on My Marriage and Relationship with My Hubbs: Try to spend one night a week focusing on just us (watching a movie, playing a game, doing something silly, etc.). Don't get into fights as easily. PRAY for him. Be positive and encouraging.
  6. Search for Fellowship & Community: through back yard BBQ's, church communities, friends going deeper...whatever it takes and where the Lord leads.
  7. Write 25 Messages/Lessons About What I Learn: goal is to post them here.
  8. Be Passionate Daily
  9. Praise Often: thank the Lord for EVERYTHING He is.
  10. Pray MORE: never cease praying...when I think about it...I want to pray about it.
  11. Recognize People's Lives and Important Events
  12. Be More of a Friend/Giver, Without Expectation
  13. Be Honest and Open: will be attempting to do this here.
I hope by me writing down these goals of mine...it inspires you to write your own down and do everything you can to stick to them. God Bless you on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment