Sunday, August 23, 2009

It Was Time!!!!

Spencer Timothy Arrived
Well, I guess you could say I was in "nesting" mode last Friday, and for a very good reason...Spencer was about to arrive. I had made my last list of "things to do" before Spencer arrived and was pretty proud that this time it was all going to be done a month early (with Marissa the remodel was "as done as it was going to be" a week before she arrived). I had one more day of running errands in Salem to finish packing my hospital bag, get breast pump supplies, etc. However, Spencer had a different plan in mind that day...to join our family. My water broke at 7:30am and I denied it for 4 hours, even thinking that I might just go into Salem anyways so I could finish my list. After calling Dan and consulting with my cousin who is a Labor and Delivery nurse, I decided I should probably go to the hospital.

Spencer Timothy Schacher then joined us at 10:28pm on Friday, August 14th. He weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. We were so thankful that his lungs were developed enough and everything went well for
him despite being 4 weeks early. Here is a little peek of the newest addition to the Dan, Annie, and Marissa Schacher Family.

Minutes after he was born, resting contently.

Catching some sun.

Marissa is proud of her new baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment