Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sunny Days

Fun at Grandma's
I got a call last Thursday afternoon from my mom, letting me know that it had been almost 2 weeks since she had seen Marissa and that I needed to do something about it. So last Friday we headed over with our bathing suits on to play in the pool and swing. Last year my mom bought a small pool for Marissa. Once we got it out it was evident that it was for Marissa last year (at 4 months old), but we still had fun. We took the afternoon to swing (which Marissa LOVES), put our feet in the pool, and play in the sprinkler. What great weather we had!

Marissa enjoying the sprinkler.

Yard Work
For the last 2 weekends, Dan has been working on perfecting our lawn. Now to him that means ripping everything out and starting over again (only in the front, not the back...thank goodness). At first I wondered if there was an easier way, but since our concrete was put in the dirt was 6 inches higher in places, than the sidewalk/driveway. So, the "mini" was brought home and work began last weekend.

Marissa knew Dan was home and only a few steps away. She just wanted to spend time with him, no matter what he was doing. I think she actually liked being on the "mini". Here are some pictures from last weekends work (I'll update the progress from this weekend once I get some finished pictures). We are excited to have a finished yard soon. Of course we'll have to wait for the seed to come up.

Marissa loved just sitting and watching daddy dig.

...and finally decided she wanted to control the mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment