Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cousins and Costumes

Bauman Farms
This year we made it to Bauman Farms a little later in the season that usual. We packed up and headed to the crazy farm a week before Halloween and met my sister, Toran (sister-in-law), Aiden (nephew), and Gracie (neice) for the afternoon. We all had a great time and enjoyed the animals, bouncing "pillow", swings, pedal carts, apple cider slushies, and lunch.

Fun family picture. It is quite a bit harder to get a picture these days.

Stopping to smell the flowers...I promise this isn't staged (Dan has taught her to smell...not touch flowers).

Aiden and Marissa getting ready to experience some fall fun.

Standing on pumpkins.

Looking at the animals.

Dan and Marissa having fun bouncing on the pillow.

Halloween-Butterfly and Pea in a Pod
Again this year, we didn't manage to do much on Halloween. I had Dan grab some candy from Wal-mart in the afternoon (check out picture below to see how that went) and then we geared up to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters that might come by our house. Unfortuantely, we had very few of them (I guess our street looks pretty dark). After feeding the kids and dressing them, we decided to head to downtown Silverton. Marissa had fun dancing in the streets with the group of "Thriller" dancers and we chatted with some Silverton friends. After realizing how late it became, we ran over to my parents to show off costumes then headed to bed. It was a pretty uneventful night.
My two kids :).
Marissa is a butterfly (she was a caterpillar last year).

My pea in a pod.

My dancing girl. Never misses an opportunity to dance...even with the best of them.

Dan stocked us up on candy. I had to give most of it away after Halloween or I would have eaten it (don't worry it went to a worthy cause...high school kids :).

No comments:

Post a Comment