Sunday, March 8, 2009

We've Been Busy

Over the course of the past two weeks the Schacher Family has been busy with cleaning (yes, Dan included), cooking (also, Dan is included), BSF, Bible Study, our last swimming lesson, hanging out with friends, spending quality time with family, going to a basketball game, getting pictures taken, celebrating Marissa's first birthday, getting back together with my senior girls, decorating for Marissa's birthday bash, and actually managed to squeeze in some nap time. I have been feeling much better (as you can tell from the list of events that have happened), but still "feel-it" by the end of the day. I am normally the one suggesting that it's bedtime, which is HIGHLY unusual, and has gotten some funny looks from Dan. I hope you enjoy the short snip-its of the last few weeks events.

BSF
Bible Study fellowship has been a wonderful way for me to dig deeper in to The Word and I enjoy getting away for a morning. The study this year has been on "the Exodus", now studying in Leviticus. I have been amazed at how relevant this section of the Old Testament is to us today. God's dealing with His leaders and His people is really convicting and also confirming as it applies to my life. I love how God has put Dan and I in a place of "preparation" for the next "ministry" He has for our lives. I have felt such confirmation through the book of Exodus that this is exactly where we are supposed to journey through at this time, preparing our hearts and minds for what comes next.

Bible Study
Every Tuesday night I look forward to getting together with 4 other Christian gals. I have been blessed by the conversations and challenges that have presented themselves through our time together as well as the "off the course" talking about children. The girls in the group have been so encouraging to me and have made me realize that God wants me to serve in capacities that might stretch me while in this time of "preparation". I have felt convicted through this study to start up my Senior girls night again, keep my eyes open for people that need a little bit of love and "service" (my husband is GREAT at this, picking up hitch hikers and recognizing needs all the time...me not so much), and become a better mother and wife. I look forward to what these girls have to teach me in the future.

Quality Time With Family
On Saturday Dan got up with Marissa while I was able to sleep in. He then suggested that Marissa and I follow him into Salem so we could wander around town while he took a company truck in to get some work done on it. Know here is a little background about me...I don't like "browsing" and I really don't like feeling as if "nothing got done during the day". My first inclination was to start making excuses as to why this wouldn't be a good thing for Marissa and that it wasn't something "fun and exciting", but then bit my tongue (BSF is teaching me not to complain so much) and said we would love to. We ended up having a great day together just "browsing".

Celebrating Marissa's Birthday
Since we were celebrating Marissa's birthday on Saturday, Dan and I had talked about keeping her actual birthday pretty simple. We went into Almquist Studio's to get her pictures taken for the kiddie contest and then kept the rest of the day routine. Well with Dan not much is routine. He began the day with 4 different gifts that he bought on his own: a tambourine, 3 books, a puppy, and an xylophone. Then in the evening I had some Senior girls over for dinner and America's Next Top Model. He came in and informed us that Marissa and him had planned out their evening together. They packed up her gear and headed to Chunky-E-Cheese for the remainder of the night. Marissa rode the rides, played some of the games, ate dinner, watched the kids play, and even got some tickets. She is so lucky to have a dad that desires to make her feel "special". Once she got home all the girls wanted to spend some time with her. She got to taste chocolate cake for the first time. I turned out to be a great day for Marissa's first birthday.

On our way to get pictures taken...gets to sit forward today...she loved it!

Unfortunately Dan forgot to take the camera to Chunk-E-Cheese, but this is how they came home...with balloons, Chunky, water bottles, cool hats, and cake!

Her first taste of chocolate cake. (Notice the shirt Dan put on Marissa...it says "My Dad Is The MAN".)

Digging into the chocolate cake on her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment