Monday, May 4, 2009

What God Expects?

Those of you that know me, know that I am a passionate person. God has given me the desire to change lives and reach others for Him. I am constantly going to the Lord for discernment on what that means exactly. What exactly is church supposed to do? Where does God want me to lead? Where does He have me going? I never want to be satisfied with where I am (don't take that wrong, I want to be satisfied knowing I am in God's Will). This last week a good friend said it best...God expects more out of us than we expect out of ourselves. Are we constantly searching out what the Creator of Our Being expects of what He gave us? Are we taking each of the truths that He teaches us and putting it into practice?


I was also struck this Sunday by the report of a mission team that just got back from Honduras. I was moved as I sat there thinking of all the people that had come to know Christ just by the faithful following of those 10-15 people, one man in particular stuck out. He had stayed down an additional week to continue to minister to the people that had been touched by the festival. I was overwhelmed at the dedication and commitment that this man has given to God's expectations for his life. As I walked out of church I wondered...now what am I going to do about this? God just gave me a piece of His heart. I didn't want to leave church and wonder where I was going to go to lunch, or what I was going to do later that day. He gave me that piece of His heart and EXPECTS me to make something of it. Just think of what every Christian's life would be like if they applied each piece of truth in a practical, non-judgmental, Christ-expecting way!

God is challenging me, and maybe you to take the bits of His, our Creator's, heart and simply apply it...ask "what does He REALLY expect of me after giving this little bit of information?"

No comments:

Post a Comment